Delphi Falls Community
PO Box 251
Pompey, NY 13138
The Fabius-Pompey Outreach is a free and confidential service for residents of the Fabius-Pompey Central School District. As a Food Pantry, we provide each family with food for three days. Families or individuals in need can call Linda McCrystal at (315)677-3590 for assistance.
Fabius-Pompey Outreach began in 1988 to help our neighbors in need. Staffed by volunteers from the community, Outreach serves many families each month year-round, and provides holiday baskets at Thanksgiving and Christmas. We serve all age groups. All of our services are free and always strictly confidential.
The food pantry is open Thursdays, 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM at the Fabius Community Center on Main Street, Fabius, NY 13063. Additional times can be coordinated with Linda McCrystal at 315-677-3590.
We will be expanding our website soon so please check back often for the latest information.
The following is a list of who we were able to help in the 2017-2018 year.
- American Baptist Churches
- Hurricane Harvey relief (through Samaritan’s Purse)
- Feeding the community ( passing out a dinner to some residents of Delphi Falls)
- Teen Challenge Syracuse
- Fabius Pompey outreach
- In my Father’s kitchen ( feeds homeless in Syracuse)
- Seven Miles ( Colby Sutter’s foundation directed at speaking to youth about drugs)
- Booth House ( the only runaway homeless shelter in Onondaga county)
- World Vision
- American Red Cross
- Rescue Mission
WELCOME TO THE TOWN OF POMPEY
Pompey is a large part of Onondaga County, consisting of 66.5 square miles. Pompey is the highest inhabited spot in the county. The town offers quiet solitude and spaciousness, natural beauty and a rich historical heritage! We celebrated our 200th Anniversary in 1994.
There are many recreation locations within the boundaries of our Town, and also some neighboring facilities that are within a short drive. The Pompey Club (private), and there are Onondaga County Parks which provide picnic facilities for both large and small, some cross country skiing, swimming and hiking as well. These are Pratts Falls, with Camp Brockway, Highland Forest Park, and Jamesville Beach. A short drive can also lead you to a choice of three Ski Area facilities; Toggenburg Mountain Winter Sports Center, Labrador Mountain and Song Mountain Resort for some winter fun.
The Housing and Homeless Coalition of Syracuse and Onondaga County
On any given day in Onondaga County, over 424 individuals/families are homeless and reside in shelters. Over 1,700 young people in Onondaga County do not have a permanent home. Learn more in our 2012 10-Year Plan to End Homelessness.
The Housing and Homeless Coalition of Syracuse and Onondaga County (HHC) serves the City of Syracuse and the County of Onondaga. We serve as the community coalition to address homelessness and housing vulnerability. We are the organized body of informal networking and formal linkages between homeless services providers and other public and private human service providers. We work with and for the homeless and formerly homeless or other interested consumers and stakeholders.
We also provide a regular forum for ongoing dialogue which enables participants to enhance understanding, coordination and cooperation regarding the multi-faceted problems of homelessness and housing vulnerability. We engage the participants in planning for future services through an outcome-oriented process that eliminates overlapping planning processes and unnecessary duplication of effort.
The mission of the HHC is to assess community needs and to develop a comprehensive community strategy to combat homelessness and housing vulnerability in our community.
The HHC works to alleviate homelessness by:
- Assessing community needs as they relate to homelessness and housing vulnerability;
- Developing an easily accessible continuum of services for homeless individuals and families;
- Coordinating local resources to avoid duplication of services and unnecessary gaps in the service system;
- Collaborating to access funding opportunities;
- Providing a forum for communication between service recipients and service providers;
- Educating the general community on the needs of homeless persons and the services available;
- Contributing to the City and County Consolidated Planning Process (CoC; ESG; CDBG; HOME).
Meetings are scheduled year-round on the 3rd Wednesday of each month, unless otherwise determined and communicated. The meetings are scheduled for a time during the regular business day and at a place that offers a central location with access to public transportation. To confirm current location and time please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email our Coordinator Melissa Marrone at Melissa.Marrone@dfa.state.ny.us.
CazCares is a Food Pantry and Clothing Closet that serves low income residents of the Cazenovia School District and surrounding areas of Madison County. In addition, information and referral services help clients address many needs.
In 1982 the pastors from six area churches started CazCares. The pantry began in two rooms in the lower level of the Atwell Mill. In 1983 the food pantries in Madison County organized, as a means of networking under the Community Action Program, and CazCares is still part of that network. In June 2007 CazCares moved to a new location at 101 Nelson Street in Cazenovia. The site is handicapped accessible and provides an opportunity for improved layout and expanded services.
Our Work Today
Each month over 200 clients visit CazCares to receive food and clothing and to attend educational programs. The issues facing our clients are numerous. Low paying jobs, lack of education, health problems and disabilities combine with high prices for food, gas and utilities to severely affect these families. We focus on providing food and clothing. Our Client Services Director listens to each client with care to understand their situation and assists them in finding needed services.
CazCares relies on generous community support in order to operate. Volunteers work to fill food orders, stock pantry shelves and sort clothing. We receive donations of money, food and clothing from individuals, area churches, student and civic groups. We operate under the guidelines of the Food Bank of CNY where we purchase food at a discount and receive partial government funding from HPNAP and FEMA.
Welcome to Cazenovia, NY
Founded in 1793 by John Lincklaen, Cazenovia resides on the Southeast shore of Cazenovia lake. The village of Cazenovia is located on U.S. Route 20, an east–west United States highway that stretches 3,365 mi from New England all the way to the Pacific Northwest, and is the home to many quaint shops, restaurants, lodging, history, and…. It is also home to Cazenovia College est. 1824.
The Greater Cazenovia Area Chamber of Commerce
A goal of the Cazenovia Chamber is to bring more information to the Cazenovia public. We are motivated to keep our shops and businesses frequented by residents as well as visitors. Shop and keep it LOCAL.
Welcome To Pompey Historical Society
The Town of Pompey Historical Society was established in 1976 as a result of the United States Bicentennial Celebration. The Town of Pompey Bicentennial Committee had planned two weeks of activities to celebrate this memorable occasion. The committee wanted to have lasting tributes after July 1976. It was decided that organizing an historical society and writing and publishing a two volume book (Pompey, Our Town in Profile) would accomplish that goal.
The campus consists of the William G. Pomeroy Research Center and Museum, the Pomeroy - Coe Heritage Center, and Pompey Center One Room Schoolhouse.
Members of the PHS collect, acquire, preserve and catalog not only objects but oral traditions and recorded information about the Town of Pompey. We share this information through meetings, exhibits, publications, and educational programs. We also are responding to a growing number of genealogical inquiries.
These activities are made possible by donations, fundraisers and grants from government as well as private foundations and agencies. Membership contributions are also a major source of income for the Society - we need your support!
The Town of Pompey Historical Museum and Research Center is located across from the Town Hall at the corner of Pompey Center Rd. and Route 20.
During the early years after establishment of the Town in 1794, New York State awarded military grants to NYS soldiers. The Town of Pompey granted 100 lots of approximately 600 acres apiece.
This tract was set up to give land to those who fought for New York State in the Revolutionary War in lieu of cash for their service. Only one man of the hundred men entitled to the free land decided to settle here on his 600 acre plot – Conrad Bush.
Most of the early settlers came from Massachusetts and Connecticut, bringing with them their protestant religions and their traditions of town meetings. Records show meetings held as early as 1794. The first Town supervisor was Moses Dewitt. They came here because of the advantages of the fast flowing streams which provided a good supply of sites for mills of every description, especially saw and grist mills.
Early records show that thirty-five to forty families settling here between 1791 and 1800. By 1845, a census reported 4,112 residents in Pompey. Young Irishmen found their way to Pompey when the construction of the Erie Canal ended, making a lasting contribution to the town’s agriculture. The community grew and was prospering. New farm homes were built; some with architecture that to this day reflects the rich culture and affluence of the era.
Roads and schools and churches were erected in the Hamlets. The Pompey Academy in Pompey Hill was chartered in 1811 In the early years it stood almost alone as an institution of higher learning and many of its graduates went on to prominence and accomplishment. Prior to 1870 Pompey had furnished to our State Legislature, thirteen members, six representatives in our National Congress, one United States Senator, two Governors, five Mayors of cities, three Supreme Court Judges, one Major-General of the Union Army and commander on Sherman’s “March to the Sea”. William G. Fargo, of the future Wells and Fargo was born and lived for 22 years in the hamlet of Watervale.
Click To View Our Page.
Onondaga Historical Association (OHA) was formed in 1862 by community leaders and officially chartered in April of 1863 by an act of the New York State Legislature with the purpose of collecting and preserving historical, genealogical, scientific and literary material related to Onondaga County, New York. Today, in addition to our founding mission, OHA has become much more.
OHA is a private nonprofit educational association of heritage related Services, Museums, Research and Educational Centers, and Retail Operations.
Our downtown location contains our Administrative Offices, the Onondaga Historical Museum as well as an extensive research center and a Gift Gallery Museum Store with an expanding, collection inspired product line. But, OHA’s reach goes beyond the walls of our building downtown.
Opened in November 2015, the Skä•noñh – Great Law of Peace Center in Liverpool, New York, presents the history and values of the Haudenosaunee (Iroquois) from the perspective of the Onondaga Nation. This cultural center and research facility introduces visitors to the oral history tradition of the Haudenosaunee and to the amazing contributions of these native people to our current American way of life. The site also includes a recreated 17th Century compound, which served as the Mission of Sainte Marie Among the Iroquois.
OHA is also working with a number of nonprofits, government agencies, and local businesses to create a unique experience for residents of, and visitors to, central New York by bringing the historic Gustav Stickley house back to life as a unique House Museum/Boutique Hotel.
In addition to these locations, we have made an effort to be where you are. In collaboration with businesses, organizations, companies, colleges and universities, and government agencies, OHA now has countless exhibits throughout the community. From the Onondaga County War Memorial to the Onondaga Creekwalk and everywhere in between (and beyond) you can find OHA wherever history was made.
We are also proud to provide services for the public, including presentations and lectures, tours, educational programming, product development and licensing opportunities, customized exhibits for organizations and businesses, and research services, just to name a few.
Welcome to the OHA. We hope you will join us on an exciting journey to discover our past, improve our present, and prepare for our future.